Work Better With Our Support
You’re not just an agent to us. You’re our partner. Our collaborative, service-oriented approach is based on trust, honesty, and integrity. We work hard and diligently to produce the products and tools you need to succeed in a highly competitive environment.
Our agency portal brings a wealth of information and tools to help you manage your business.
- Enter a New Application
- View All New Business Submitted to RAS with Status
Book of Business
- View All Accounts Written
- Search for an Active Account
- View Policy
- Billing Information
- Loss Ratio
- Rating Information
- Claims Status and Payment Amounts
- Request a Change
- Download PDF of Policy
- In-Force Book of Business
- Agency and Insured Loss Runs
- A Resource Hub for a Variety of Marketing Collateral Such as Sell Sheets, Handouts, Tip Sheets, and More for Downloading at Your Convenience
You have questions. We have answers.
Can you explain who RAS is versus First Dakota Indemnity and Dakota Truck Underwriters?
RAS is the Managing General Agent for both First Dakota Indemnity and Dakota Truck Underwriters. In the simplest terms, this means we handle business functions for both entities, such as marketing, underwriting, claims, and loss control, among others.
Do I have to submit business online?
No. We offer online quoting but are happy to accept emailed submissions from our agencies.
How far in advance can I submit an account?
If I am not contracted with RAS am I able to access you?
Yes, you can access us through Insurance Alternatives. Please contact Beth Dobbs by calling 605.361.5705.
How do I access Loss Runs?
Log into online portal. Go to the Reports section and select Loss Runs.
How can I learn more about RAS to see if we’re a fit?
RAS seeks agents who are partnership focused. We have a high-touch model with assigned underwriters and look to partner with agencies with established large commercial books of business and deep technical knowledge about workers’ compensation. We currently appoint agents in SD,NE,KS,MO,IA,MN,WI,CO. Please reach out to our Business Development Team if you think we may be a fit.
- Colorado: Rudy Kreyer, Rudy.Keyer@RASCompanies.com, 800.732.1486 ext. 5703
- Iowa: Ben Cutler, Ben.Cutler@RASCompanies.com, 800.732.1486 ext. 4628
- Kansas: Alex Ulmer, Alex.Ulmer@RASCompanies.com, 800.732.1486, ext. 1828
- Minnesota: Kelly Whiting, Kelly.Whiting@RASCompanies.com, 800.732.1486 ext. 4617
- Missouri: Alex Ulmer, Alex.Ulmer@RASCompanies.com, 800.732.1486 ext. 1828
- Nebraska: Ben.Cutler@RASCompanies.com , email, 800.732.1486 ext. 4628
- South Dakota: Rudy Kreyer, Rudy.Keyer@RASCompanies.com, 800.732.1486 ext. 5703
- Wisconsin: Kelly Whiting, Kelly.Whiting@RASCompanies.com, 800.732.1486 ext. 4617